Becoming your own boss is an exciting venture. If you’re planning on renting a luxurious Lone Tree studio salon to help you take your business to new heights, finding ways to keep your salon operating smoothly is crucial. As you expand your outreach and attain new clients, you may find that it’s challenging to stay organized. As an Indie, you have complete control over how you run your business, but many of our Indie-preneurs have discovered that the following tools and software are a must for their operations:
Lone Tree Studio Salon: Tools to Help Enhance Your Business
You want to provide the best experience for your clients, and offering several payment options provides convenience and flexibility. Many Indies use the following payment processing systems:
- Square. Square is among the most well-known payment processing systems around. Business owners and customers love its user-friendliness, fast checkouts, and scheduling ability. We’ve partnered with Square, so our Indies benefit from a discounted rate on merchant services. Additionally, you’ll get a free Square reader and a free scheduling app to help you streamline your business.
- Clover. This payment processing system is the choice of several of our Indies. Like Square, Clover makes it easy to accept credit card payments from multiple devices. Clover apps, such as feedback and promos, are free with the point-of-sale system.
Accounting should be a top priority, especially once you’re working for yourself. Although there are numerous choices available for keeping track of your expenses and revenue, our Indies have found that the following are effective and easy to use:
- QuickBooks. QuickBooks has been around since 1998 and is widely regarded as the gold standard when it comes to accounting for small business. Multiple plans are available, so you can choose the option that best fits your needs.
- Microsoft Excel. If you already have the Microsoft Office suite installed, Excel may be a great choice for stress-free accounting. Budget and cashflow templates are available in Excel, and more complex templates can be purchased for in-depth accounting.
- FreshBooks. FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting solution that many entrepreneurs vouch for. Its user-friendliness is a perk, and this software offers a host of tools to help you keep a close eye on your finances.
- Hire an accountant. When you’re busy working your magic in the studio, you may not have time to devote to accounting. If this is the case, you can’t go wrong with outsourcing this important task to a professional accountant.
Your time is valuable, so you’ll want to ensure that you avoid scheduling issues. Scheduling software is a helpful tool that most of our Indies use to stay organized and make every moment count. As an added bonus, giving your clients 24/7 access to convenient booking may result in increased sales! Square Appointments shared that on average businesses increase bookings 34% year over year when using their online scheduling system. Here are a few of our Indies’ favorite scheduling solutions:
- Square Appointments. We love Square as a point-of-sale system, and its scheduling software is also a hit. With Square Appointments, it’s easy to create a scheduling website where clients can book at their convenience. Payments and reminders are integrated, so you’ll reduce the possibility of a client missing their appointment. Square reports that businesses using Square Appointments benefit from an average of 37% cumulative growth in services year over year.
- Vagaro is a beauty booking app that allows clients to browse for salons in their area. You list your business through the app, and you can even advertise specials to entice potential clients. Clients book their appointment online, receive reminders, and are invited to leave a review.
- GlossGenius. For those looking for a comprehensive business solution, GlossGenuis may be an excellent fit. This software includes a calendar with day, week, and month views, online booking (including Facebook booking), automatic notifications, reports, analytics, and more. It’s a one-stop-shop for running a beauty business, and may be a good fit for those who love delving into the details of building a brand.
- Schedulicity offers a simple and streamlined solution to scheduling. It’s easy to use and integrates seamlessly with the accompanying payment software. As a bonus, Schedulicity gets points for great customer support.
As an Indie, there’s no limit to what you can achieve. When you’re busy running a thriving beauty business, it’s important to find efficient solutions for business operations. Luckily, there’s no shortage of tools to help you streamline these behind-the-scenes tasks. The options we share here are recommended by our Indie community, and you may find that they work for you, too. Interested in learning more about making the transition to a private Boulder, Denver or Lone Tree studio salon? Our Market Manager, Kandice Martinez, would love to arrange a consultation with you. Please contact her at 303-792-8222 to discuss the details.